Thursday, August 30, 2018

Assignment 3- Your Entrepreneurship Story

I guess I've been exposed to entrepreneurship in three main ways: Shark Tank, my dad, and in my own personal business ventures. So, obviously Shark Tank is the biggest one; I have watched the show since it debuted and have seen just about every episode. I always loved seeing all the cool ideas and products. My dad has also been somewhere that I've seen the entrepreneurial spirit. He has attempted to start a few different businesses and he finally got one going this last year that has been successful. He works all day everyday to grow his business and support our family. I have also had a lot of personal experience as an entrepreneur. Now, I obviously haven't been a massive success, but I've done a few things. In elementary school, gum was banned by administration so I saw an opportunity. I ran the largest underground gum dealership in the school. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it actually turned a profit. I got a loan from my parents to buy bulk packs of gum and then I sold them for 25 cents a stick. Soon I paid my parents back and kept making money back to buy more inventory. I actually even hired an "employee" who I paid $2 a week. I ran my illegal enterprise for a year or so until I got busted by a teacher. More recently and legitimately, I started a graphic design company (www.850studios.com) to help out small, local businesses with their branding and marketing.
 I enrolled in ENT3003 because I want to run my own graphic design firm one day and then go on from there to get involved in other businesses and be an entrepreneur. This class excited me and I decided to pursue an Entrepreneurship minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment