What was the general theme or argument of the book?
- The point of this book is to help people grow their social media presence. It teaches you how to start a successful social media page, how to build a following, how to incorporate a blog and other things that seem basic but are really in depth. The book focuses on how you need to put out solid content to grow your presence.
- This book focuses on the specific parts of social media marketing that this class doesn't go into. This class is more about how to develop an idea and build a company. Social media is a really important part of building a brand and I think should get its own unit in the class.
- I would have liked to create a social media account for my fake brand and create fake content to practice and get feedback. I think getting some social media practice that is specific to our business concepts would be really cool.
- One of the really interesting things to me was the whole blogging aspect of social media. I've always viewed blogging in a derogatory sense and never really saw the point of it, but blogging can actually be a powerful tool to connect with your audience and customers.
Hello Peyton,
ReplyDeleteI also read this book so it was interesting to see your point of view throughout this post. Like you, I suggested that as a part of the class, we could create a name and curate some content on a social media page for the business we have been working on. I never thought of the feedback you would receive from trying this out though. I think that would be such a great benefit that would come from that.
Hi Peyton,
ReplyDeleteI did not read the same book as you, but it seems through your book review it was very interesting and informative. Social media plays a very important role in the business environment as the book emphasizes, developing a public image and status can allow for you to advance your product interests which I think goes hand in hand with what we've learned so far in class.
Hi Peyton,
ReplyDeleteYour reflection was extremely clear and concise. You did not include any fluff which shows that you were confident enough in your facts. I appreciate that you kept all of your ideas very organized, as it makes it really simple for the reader to understand.