So this semester has had its ups and downs for sure. I can remember specifically one failure that stands out more than any other this semester. I am a photography major and taking a six credit hour art class that is incredibly difficult. I have been forced out of my comfort zone numerous times and one of those times was a group performance piece. Our group was tasked with creating a large puppet performance that was abstract, yet conveyed deep meanings. Our performance was rubbish. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. The puppet broke, people forgot their timing, and the audio didn't work the way it was supposed to. Our group made complete and utter fools of ourselves in front of the entire class. Trainwreck. From this performance, however, I learned that sometimes you just have to step back and let things happen. Our group did not really get along well from the beginning and my trying to fix things didn't matter. Sometimes you just can't control the outcome of events and that's okay.
I think failure sucks, but is ultimately beneficial. I actually spoke at my high school graduation about how failure leads to success. I think that the only way to grow and become better is by failing and learning from those failures. I think that this class has further instilled those beliefs about failure in me and shown me that you just have to keep working. I think that this class has inspired me to take more risks in life and to go for your dreams.
Hey Peyton,
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree with what you said, failure plays an important role in self-advancement and progress. You bring up a good point about how you sometimes cannot control the outcome of events, such as in your photography project. You simple have to accept the outcome and look to improve from what you have learned, trying in the future to succeed.
Hi Peyton,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that your group project went that way. I know it's hard to feel as if you failed, especially if it is at something that is important to you. I think it is great that you can pick yourself back up and learn from your mistakes.