- I am a graphic design major and I own and operate a small graphic design company that does graphic design work and branding for small businesses. My five years of graphic design and coding experience will be helpful in the development of the app. I know that I can create a visually beautiful app with a good and easy to use interface. I could see my app being something that could be a long term business venture that I would ultimately sell to the highest bidder once it's successful.
- I am offering to customers an easier way to shop for produce, butcher items, and baked goods at local supermarkets. The app will analyze where the customer should shop in their local area to get the best deals on food relative to the cost of getting to the store.
- The target demographic of this product is shoppers who want good deals so young people (millenials), couponers, and parents would probably be the ones to focus on first. These people in the Alachua county are who I would focus of first before expanding state or nationwide.
- Customers will pay money for this app because it will save them more money in the long haul. If the app is $5 and they can save anywhere from $5 to $10 every week, it is worth them purchasing the app.
- The feature that sets my app apart from the crowd is the algorithm that will run a cost-benefit analysis on your shopping list. It will determine the cheapest places to buy your food items and then determine the cost in gas to get to each store. It will determine if it is worth going to certain stores to save money and then will show how much money you can save by shopping at certain stores for certain items.
I think all five of these elements work well with each other. I think that if I was able to develop this app it would sell itself. The app would be incredibly useful to the customers and would be worth them purchasing it.
Hello Peyton,
ReplyDeleteI have a few comments regarding your product. Have you thought of how you would gather the information on the price of these goods? If they are not available on the retailers website, will you have to form partnerships with all major retailers to have them inform you of their prices? Also, when thinking about charging five dollars for the app, I would consider offering it either for a free trial or offering it for free for a limited time in order to create buzz and get some good reviews.
Hey Peyton,
ReplyDeleteyour idea napkin is very straightforward and easy to understand. You accurately conveyed your intentions and you made it convey clear who the group you are targeting is and what you aim to do with your app. For this specific idea, you experience and skills are perfect for developing this service. This app idea sounds like it would grow very rapidly and appear as an overnight success.
Hi Peyton,
ReplyDeleteI really like your idea because I think a lot of people will find value in it, which is important. Are you planning on making the cost just a one time fee or a subscription? I feel you will might be better off making it a monthly or even bi monthly fee. I was thinking bi monthly since most people grocery shop at least bi monthly. I also agree with Taylor about the free trial since I know I would be much more likely to sign up once I get the benefits myself.