The Segment: college students at UF (geographic segment)
Research Findings: I found through my three interviews that people in the target segment take to the internet to find a solution to their problems. Throughout the interviews people told me that if they were to look for a way to compare prices of food that they would see if they could find them online. When I revealed to them that the local food and produce prices are not posted online they bacem stumped. They suggested calling the stores or just giving up altogether because there isn't an easy way to compare all the local stores.
Conclusions: I found that college age students immediately turn to the internet to find solutions, so if I were to pursue this venture I would need to have a very visible website that appears when people are looking for the best deals. This website would send them to my app. I found that this segment was aware of the problem, but unwilling to try and solve it on their own (calling the local stores). This segment resorted to looking online for solutions.
Hello Peyton,
ReplyDeleteI find it very interesting that your interviewees were unaware that meat and produce prices are not posted online; especially if they are actively looking for coupons or the best prices online. I wonder if they haven't realized it because there is not another service that provides those prices so they do not rely on the internet. If people are avid purchasers of produce and meats, then your product would stand out measurably more compared to existing websites.
Hi Peyton,
ReplyDeleteI find it very interesting (and key in the production of your product) that this segment is aware that there is a problem but decide not to do anything about it. This is a great opportunity to have your product show them the direction to go in. Having to go to this segment instead of having them go to you opens up the opportunity to really grow.
Hey Peyton,
ReplyDeleteIt seams that through your three interviews with customers in you chosen segment you have found what would make you app idea unique and better than any other method because your app would include food and produce prices that cannot be found online. I loved your deduction of needing to have a prominent website in order to get eyes of potential customers on your service.
Hi Peyton,
ReplyDeleteIt does not surprise me that college students were not aware of meat and produce prices not being available online. The probable reason for that is the simple fact that college students lack grocery shopping experience. I liked your idea of making a website to direct people to the app because people do tend to google things like that. What methods of advertisements have you considered?