So my customers are young, college aged kids who probably follow vegetarian or vegan diets. You could call them hipsters for sure. They're fond of wearing hats and beanies as well as glasses (probably fake glasses tbh). Flannel is a lifestyle to them and you'd be hard pressed to find one of them without flannel shirts in their closet. The guys love facial hair and arm sleeve tattoos and the girls love their coffee. Let's be honest, they probably drive a Prius because it's more economical and they are obsessed with The Office and Parks and Recreation. These are your hard core liberals and they definitely voted for Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primaries. These healthy eating youngsters love to shop at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and Target. They're always looking for a way to save money.
Me and my avatars have very little in common. I would not consider myself a hipster, but I do wear glasses and can often be seen in a dad cap. I really like The Office and enjoy saving money, but that's about where the similarities end. I think this is my target person because I know a lot of people like this and know what they want. The "hipster millennial" demographic is growing more and more over time.

Hi Peyton,
ReplyDeleteYou did a good job of successfully identifying your avatar and creating a very specific and in depth customer segment. I definitely did not think to go as specific as you did and as a result my segment is more general. I agree with several of the points you made about your "avatar", several of the qualities you linked to hipsters linked up well with examples, such as driving a Prius and watching shows such as Parks and Rec.
Hello Peyton,
ReplyDeleteI loved how descriptive you were with your customer avatar. You discussed many physical attributes of your "college aged" adults as well as discussed many stereotypical elements associated with that type of consumer. I also agree with you that there is a growing trend towards the "hipster millennial". I was hoping the fake glasses trend was gone, but you are right, they are probably still "in style".