- The person I contacted for this part was a contact of one of my clients. His name is Wes and he has experience building apps for companies.
- Domain expert
- One of my clients whom I have done some branding and web design for had a friend who had lots of experience in app creation. I contacted him via email thanks to my client, Jayson.
- Wes met with me over facetime after we talked about the app via email. He listened to my pitch and offered some advice about app building. He said that my app was going to be very difficult to create and implement, but if I worked hard enough it was doable.
- This person can definitely help me build a better app and is a good contact if I run into any problems.
Market expert
- For this contact I reached out to a local Publix and spoke with their manager in a sit down meeting.
- Market expert
- I called up the Publix and asked if I could get an appointment with their manager
- The manager offered insight into how they receive their produce and how often they change the prices of their produce.
- I think having contacts within the local stores will be extremely helpful when it comes to pricing items for the app.
Supplier
- I contacted one of the produce suppliers for Publix (received the name from the Publix manager).
- Supplier
- I contacted a farm over the phone and talked with them about my app idea. I was curious about how they priced their produce.
- The farm gave me information about how they price their produce. The price fluctuates depending on how much they are able to harvest of the produce and what time of the year it is.
- This contact could be beneficial to possibly find out the price of produce items before they even get to the store.
Reflect:
This experience was great because it gave me practice networking and looking for people who can help me. I think that through having this experience I will be more confident in the future when looking for contacts.
Hey Peyton,
ReplyDeleteGood job on finding all these contacts, it seems like they will be very useful assets if you ever decide to pursue this idea. I was wondering if you could give some tips on how to get in contact with people in your industry. I had some trouble getting in contact with a supplier. Maybe with some tips from other people I can have better luck next time!
Hi Peyton,
ReplyDeleteYou did a good job of finding these contacts and relating them to the individual roles were we supposed to identify. I found it pretty hard to communicate with some upper level suppliers groups, which is something you seemed to be able to do successfully. I would agree with you about networking, it's a very important skill and required to advance a business or idea in the current market place.
Hello Peyton,
ReplyDeleteGreat job using your resources to find these contacts. I think using your social network is so important especially when creating a new product. There are so many different aspects that go into making a product. I think when networking it is always best to approach the situation humbly. Often times, your contact will have much more information or at least different information that you can potentially learn from.
Hi Peyton,
ReplyDeleteI think it's really cool that you got to meet with such relevant people to your app. I also like that the Publix manager got you in contact with his supplier. The only thing I would've liked to see in this post is a little more detail from the conversations, such as examples of advice they gave you or something you learned from each experience. Other than that, your post was really good and I hope you got as much out of this assignment as I did.